In this section we help promote LEGO Cuusoo idea’s to help them reach the 10,000 likes needed for their idea to get created! This week we feature the idea called “The Simpsons” created by B.Parsons. The idea originates from The Simpsons TV show. Here’s what the creator had to say about the idea:
“The Simpsons has had hundreds of awards bestowed upon it. 23 seasons, 502 episodes (and counting), all screened in over 60 different countries. It has been named the greatest show of all time, and has achieved the guiness world record of longest running television series ever. Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie are possibly the most widely known characters in existence, and are considered to be more known than James Bond, Harry Potter – even Mario!
Firstly I’d like to say thank you to all of you. Whether you’re the TV fan, inspired artist or LEGO visionary, thank you for visiting The Simpsons LEGO Project! My name is Brendan. I embarked on this project months ago when I discovered the amazing opportunity LEGO CUUSOO is and had been to Mojang – the creators of minecraft.
The world had stood together and rewarded their creativity. Here we have the power to not only dream – but to fulfill dreams. I realised then, that those moments as a kid when I wished for The Simpsons LEGO, those memories, could fuel a creative drive that one day, may let me achieve that dream. Today is the unveiling of this vision.
The Simpsons is a very ‘collectable’ series. But the best memorabilia based on the series, leave some asking for more. The chance to build the Simpsons family home? How about the Kwik-E-Mart? Or the entire town of Springfield, filled with all the characters you know and love? That’s a fantastic thought! With your support, this LEGO project could move from something many of us have been dreaming for, into reality – sets for the Simpson in all of us.
Together we should all hope to inspire and be inspired, to set goals and accomplish them. In this sense LEGO CUUSOO is a window into limitless opportunity – reminiscent of that first time you built something with LEGO and realised anything can be created! I’ve always been a creative person and dreamt about creating and innovating with the best collective minds of our world; LEGO, Disney, Pixar…
Please support this project and spread the word about my wish to make this an amazing series of products! Anything is possible! Continue to dream, create and share.
My ideas for sets have been sorted into the following categories:
Business/Service, Downtown Springfield, Landmarks, Neighbourhood, and Schoolyard sets.
– “Kwik-E-Mart” [Characters: Apu, Milhouse] Features the counter, fridges and display stands. The items on display can be moved and placed in a grabbable shopping trolley.
– “Nuclear Power Plant Workstation” [Characters: Homer, Nuclear Scientists]
– “Mr Burn’s Office” [Characters: Mr Burns, Mr Smithers] Has a trapdoor, that when built on top of the workstation set, will drop characters down into that area. “Release the hounds!”
– “Krusty Burger” [Characters: Krusty The Clown, Greasy-Guy] There are places for minifigures to sit. A tight kitchen with LEGO frying pans and a serving counter. ‘Spiderpig’ could be included.
– “KBBL Broadcasting Station” [Characters: Kent Brockman, Bumblebee Man] News anchor desk, ‘live’ TV cameras and Bumblebee Man’s kitchen sitcom set.
– “Krusty’s studio” [Characters: Krusty The Clown, Sideshow Mel, Audience member] Mr Teeny Krusty’s monkey can also be included. Circus themed playset, tightropes and such.
– “Aztec Theatre” [characters: Rainier ‘Action-star’ Wolfcastle, Greasy Guy] Movie stage, ticket booth and seating so kids can act stories out on stage with other minifigures seated.
– “Springfield Church” [Characters: Reverend Lovejoy]
– “Lard Lad Donuts” [Characters: Chief Wiggum]
– “Barney’s Bowl-a-rama” [Characters: Barney Gumble]
– “The Leftorium” [Characters: Ned Flanders]
Downtown Springfield sets:
– “Moe’s Tavern” (or “drink bar” also removing the alcohol theme) [Characters: Moe Szyslak, Lenny, Carl] There are stools, a serving counter and a pool table. LEGO fire can be attached to the bar.
– “Comic Book Store” [Characters: Comic-Book Guy, Duffman (?)] Small comic store with LEGO themed comics on display. A ‘Radioactive Man’ or ‘Bartman’ poster.
– “Police Station” [Characters: Chief Wiggum, Another Policeman, Snake] Snake could have a knife, Wiggum a gun, (for a cops and robbers playset motif) Possible police car.
– “Springfield Licensing Centre” [Characters: Patty & Selma Bouvier] Traffic cone’s and a car that can fall apart.
– “Adventures of Radioactive Man & Bartman” [Characters: Radioactive Man, Bartman] Superhero playset. (Maybe they’ll handle crime better than Chief Wiggum).
– “Town Hall” [Characters: Mayor Quimby] Tall ‘marble’ posts, and the front of Town Hall. A LEGO Jebediah Springfield statue, on a grass floorpiece with benches and flora.
– “Professor Frink’s Laboratory” [Characters: Professor Frink] Laboratory with experiments and extra LEGO pieces so people can construct their own experiments.
– “Springfield Hospital” [Characters: Dr Hibbert, Dr Nick, Nurse] Hospital beds, tables. Has a number of wigs, hats and maybe even animal heads to swap around with minifigures.
– “Springfield Retirement Home” [Characters: Abraham “Grandpa” Simpson, Jasper Beardly, Hans Moleman, Nurse] Walking sticks could be an item the minifigures can hold.
– “Springfield Courthouse” [Characters: Judge Constance Harm, Dolph] Features the judge’s podium, seating for ‘the accused’ and a desk with a chair.
– “Springfield Port” [Characters: Captain Horatio Mccallister] A small ship and The Frying Dutchman restaraunt.
– “Springfield Gorge” [Characters: Daredevil] Motorbikes and jumps. (Stunts).
– “Springfield Stadium” [Characters: Baseball Player]
– “Cletus’ House” [Characters: Cletus]
– “The Simpsons Home” [Characters: Homer, Marge, Maggie, Bart, Abraham ‘Grandpa’ Simpson] The Simpsons house could be mostly individual room sets (for example: ‘Bart’s room set’) or could be split in 5 (or less) parts.
For example: The garage, dining room & entrance (front), The kitchen, TV room & Simpsons car (back). Part 3 could be the main bedroom & nursery (upstairs front). Part 4 is Bart’s room, Lisa’s room & the bathroom (upstairs back). Part 5 could be a roof set, to complete the house design for the ultimate Simpsons fan.
– “Barts Treehouse” [Characters: Milhouse] Small treehouse with a couple of furnishings.
– “The Flanders House” [Characters: Ned Flanders, Rod & Todd Flanders] The front of the house, which could also feature a lawnmower.
– “Other neighbouring houses” [Characters: Sideshow Bob (?), other known characters]
– “Springfield Elementary School” [Characters: Martin Prince, Jimbo Jones, Kearney] The front of the elementary school with a basketball hoop or playground. On the opposite side are student lockers.
– “Classroom” [Characters: Lisa Simpson, Nelson Muntz, Lisa’s Teacher] A classroom that could maybe have a useable chalk board.
– “Principal’s office” [Characters: Principal Seymour Skinner]
– “Groundskeeper Willie’s Shack” [Characters: Groundskeeper Willie]
– “School Gym” [Characters: Familiar Students]
– “The Simpsons Family Character Set” [Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie] The iconic couch and family to start people off with their Simpsons collection.
– “Springfield Monorail” [Homer] Motorized train set for the minifigures of Springfield.
– “TV Box” [Itchy, Scratchy] An ‘inside-the-TV’ set where people can show what they like. For example, you could combine KBBL Broadcasting with this special set and create news reports.
– Homer’s head, Bart and Lisa’s hair; all are LEGO style hats and hairdo’s.
– The kids should have the short LEGO legs (Gringotts Goblins/Hobbit legs)
– Professor Frink minifigure could have a longer LEGO head.”
Be sure to support this idea by clicking on the following link: CLICK HERE
What do you think about this idea? Would you buy it?